Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Weekend Review

I had a great weekend, just as usual, goes by way too fast!
Friday I didn't do much, just hung out at my mom's house after having a yummy dinner at home with Carlos.
Saturday am we missed the garage sales to go take maternity pictures. They came out great, but I was not prepared to spend as much as I did. These pregnancy memories are irreplaceable and I'm convincing myself it is all worth it! I should be taking more belly pictures soon with Erin and I'll be picking tons of baby shower pictures that my dear cousin from the valley, Belinda took for us. I've talked myself out of the 3D/4D ultrasound session I had booked for this upcoming Saturday. My main reasons not to is that we need to stop spending on all these pre-Christian pictures, I'd rather spend on his every 3 month professional pictures and he may be too big now to get good shots anyways. Carlos says he prefers a surprise and does not want to see baby all wrinkly. So I think we're both on the same page regarding that. I hope I don't regret it later. We'll see our dear Christian very soon, Dr. Peterson is scheduling a 36 week ultrasound and that will be in about 4 weeks!! I can't wait to see our baby again and see how much he weighs!!!
So after the maternity pictures I rushed home to get ready and head out to Webster for my bumpie (Julie)'s baby shower. The theme was Duckies and it was sooooo adorably decorated. We had a good time and probably too much sugar! haha After the shower we stopped at the cemetery my older sister, Diana is buried at. I had no been in a very long time and I cannot remember ever buying flowers for her. We stopped at a flower shop right across from the cemetery and I bought her my first flowers, it was a pretty purple mix. My mom had no problem finding her lil gravestone amidst all the others. It's unbelievable how a mother's love can never forget those things. My poor sister suffered while on this earth and now she's a sweet lil angel looking over our family. I feel bad my mom had to endure all those moments of fear and uncertainty with her. It made my mom a stronger person and made her appreciate her healthy (maybe too healthy haha) daughters. After that emotional visit we headed to Dot's Coffee Shop and we split some chicken strips.
Sunday was our regular church day, just me, Carlos and mom as usual. I made a huge dent on my thank you cards Sunday and went to bed too late as usual. I've missed the gym too long now! I missed all last week and as of today I have not been to the gym this week either! I have got to do better!!
Tomorrow I turn 8 months!! Christian is really almost here! It seems so unbelieveable!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment