Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Weekend Review

Today is my Monday at work because I took off yesterday to be with my mom during her gallbladder surgery. I enjoyed the extra day off and was able to take care of my mom and a few things around the house. Of course we were scared about the surgery and got emotional before the procedure, but with God's everlasting protection my mom is fine! She's already walking faster, she'll be running in no time! hehe
So this past Saturday was our baby shower and it was a huge success. All the hard work and hours of preparing paid off. I really felt like it was our wedding part II! We were so busy greeting our guests, making sure they were taken care of and taking pictures that we hardly even ate. We ate until we got home and brought in all our gifts and things we used for the shower which was about 330 or 4pm. Then we took a long 4 or 5 hour nap. Ever since that nap my sleeping pattern has been a lil crazy. I woke up Saturday and started cleaning up and didn't go to bed until 1 or so in the morning. My cousins, Anabel and Belinda came all the way from the Valley (Los Fresnos/Brownsville, TX) along with my grandma just for my shower and my cousins really helped out so much. I appreciate all their help to make our shower special and less stressful for me! :) Our shower started at 11am and ended at 2, which we ran a lil bit over. Everything was perfect!! I appreciate all my mom and sister's help to make my baby shower a complete success!
Sunday we (me, Carlos, Belinda, and Anabel) went to church and then lunch at Palazzo's. My cousins really enjoyed our church and had a great time. We got home soon after and they packed up and got ready to go home. They had a quick lil trip to Houston and hopefully will come back soon to spend more time with us and do more sightseeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment