Monday, October 4, 2010

Weekend Review

So this weekend was great!! I got a lot done, so proud of myself and I didn't get huffy... Friday, me and my mom hit the stores, I returned the online dresses I had bought at Target that were not going to work for the shower. I bought a few more shower game gifts and found a super cute and fitting shower gift for my bumpie friend, Julie.

Saturday morning Carlos and me slept in late, which felt great! We missed all the garage sales though! :( We went to Walmart to do some returns and pick up some storage totes he bought online. I made 2 stops to my banks. I am so happy that I changed my direct deposit to our joint account and I will be closing out my other banks. It was becoming such a hassle with 3 different banks. With a baby on the way anything to make my life easier is necessary!! :) We were able to hit one gsale before our Prepared Childbirth class at our hospital, Memorial Hermann Katy. It was a good one, they had tons of books, got tons of Berenstein Bear books for lil Christian and tons of Dora books for Kate. I have a terrible memory when it comes to childhood memories, but I can remember being 8 or younger at home sick from school and watching Berenstein Bears on tv or VHS and my dad making me some soup or something warm for lunch. I know I was 8 or younger because we were living at our very first home. At the gsale I also got a cute little sweater w/ducks on it (it's unisex) and a cute lil denim jumper outfit for Izzy. The childbirth class was interesting and very informative. The teacher was a lil rough around the edges, but she cracked a few jokes and made the class enjoyable. The 6 hours went by pretty fast. I learned some stretchingexercises to do, was reminded about the kegel exercises, which I have been doing, but probably not often enough, reminded how important water is, glad I love water so much, and Carlos was definitately enlightened regarding my moodiness aka my "huffiness". I think he has a better understanding of what is going on in my body and all the emotions I'm going through and will go through. My sweetie is such a great hubby. He made me yummy bacon egg and cheese tacos this am using the delicious flour tortillas my mommy made us yesterday. Okay, so back go my weekend. After the class we went home and had a delicious dinner there. Carlos makes great chicken breast, it's seasoned just right and plump because he doesn't butterfly the chicken. We had that with some mashed potatoes and rice-a-roni.

Sunday, we skipped church. We had a guest speaker scheduled and I wanted to get some baby shower stuff taken care of so that I won't be rushed during the week. My mom came over to help and she made us yummy refried beans, chorizo egg and potato with homemade tortillas!! Judith came over to do my diaper cake, which I was supposed to help, but I really didn't do much, I assisted a few times to hold things together for her, but she did it all. It took about 4 and half hours and it looks beautiful! I took a picture, but I think I'll wait to showcase it at the shower. Vicky came over too and made the table decorations, we're only missing 2. Everything looks great! I made the party favor tags and they are ready to be put together, only thing missing is the Teddy Grahams. I'm going to Kroger today and stocking up! I won't pack them in the bags until Friday evening as we're making the chicken salad. I need to get big bottle of mayo, some celery, romaine lettuce and of course the delicious croissant bread. So far my guest list is at 130. I've invited families to the shower, since the venue is big, we can handle a big crowd. Carlos' family is huge so just them alone is about 50 people. We invited everyone, which was a little different than our wedding. Our wedding was limited so we could only invite our close family and friends and even with doing that of course some people that rsvp'd didn't show up or at the last minute couldn't come from out of town. I was a little disappointed about that, but I really realized who really cares about me and Carlos, but overall I remember my wedding as PERFECT and very enjoyable! We definitely had our fairytale wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment